The National Math Festival is dedicated to providing a welcoming, harassment-free event experience for everyone regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of festival participants in any form. Festival and online event participants engaged in harassing behavior will be warned and/or expelled from the Festival or online event at the discretion of the Festival organizer.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Unwelcome, personally offensive verbal conduct such as epithets, derogatory jokes or comments, slurs or unwanted sexual advances, invitations or comments
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. Exhibitors, sponsors, and presenters are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the event organizer retains the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the Festival or online event.
Event organizers may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants. We expect participants to follow these guidelines at all event venues and event-related social and online activities.
To make a report during the 2021 NMF Live Online Weekend, you may visit the Help Desk on the Festival's Hopin platform, which has live assistance during in English and Spanish during all Festival hours, April 16-18, 2021.
To contact us by email: