2019 Festival: DREME (Development and Research in Early Math Education)
Saturday May 4, 2019 from 10:00am - 4:00pm ET
Stop by and visit the DREME Network to practice loving math with your toddler!
- Intentionality Bowl: Parents gain experience with seizing opportunities to engage in math during everyday routines and activities.
- Doing Math the Mayan Way: Parents will help children recognize, count, or perform operations using the Mayan numeric system. They will leave with an appreciation of the Mayan culture whose people invented the number 0 and developed an intricate mathematical system, and with a simple fun learning activity that they could do easily do at home with their children using everyday objects.
- Storybook Activities: Parents and children will play activities (based on content from storybooks) that help them practice their math skills.
- Exploring Math With Paper: Fold Math Into Your Day: Families will engage in spatial thinking and language through origami and making symmetrical designs by folding paper.
- Card Games: Families will learn some math games they can play with a simple deck of playing cards. We will also have materials from our cooking and math project available.
- General Information and Resources: This table will serve as an introduction to our work, an opportunity to sign up for our mailing list, and to take some resources designed for teachers.
Hall D, Level 2, Walter E. Washington Convention Center